Monday, November 12, 2007

Bon Voyage

Dearest BPY2006,

I know some of you may be wondering where I have been to, disappearing for a good 2 months now.... Well, the answer is, I am no longer working in Bandar Seri Begawan, but Kuala Belait, hence, the luxury to meet and minggle with you all have been reduced to only once in a while, as I only return home occasionally.... what with new work, new office, and new set up to prepare... I'll not bore you with details...

Anyhow... Your depature to SSEAYP is soon... and I am sure most have already been having this palpataions, anxiety and burning inquisition and dying-ness to just jump on the airplane and just get it moving... SABAR!!!

I have heard many things about your preparation for the ship, and you all have done well... Do remember to listen to your National Leader, and your YLs and AYLs. And always try to be versetile... FLEXIBLE. Not everything you have planned in Brunei will go as planned... just go along and do what you have to...

To something less heavy... Do try to have lots of fun, within reason, and do look after each other. Jangan sampai enjoy sanngat lupa akan orang lain di sekeliling! atu self-fish tu... just speaking from experience...

Also, have lots of fun during home-stay. Some may not be so lucky with the home-stays (as i have been) but do not despair. The idea is to learn and absorb culture... so it would be a good to learn about life that is so different from ours. I have... and remember it always...

also, remember to take lots of pictures... of everything and anything. jangan menyesal. Do remember to look after your 'harta-s' well... jangan behilangan... *hugs*

I will be seeing you back in brunei as one one the Liason Officer... i also would be taking 2 lucky PYs home; one Malaysian and one Japanese girl.

How I miss the ship... my room, the crew... he he he... though i do not miss the sickness... ha ha ha... but it really has been an experience!!! ha ha ha...

Okay pepople... I wish you all the best... good luck in all your experiences and undertakings... be kind to each other, and try to listen to your administrators... and also listen to everyone with an open mind.

have loads and loads of fun... and see you back in brunei, hopefully crying :) ;)

Love,
Meela Aliuddin
YL 2005

PS: If anyone would like to send me a postcard from where ever you are, take down my address:
No. 7, Simpang 548
Jalan Kebangsaan Lama
kampong Sungai Akar, BC 4115
Brunei Darussalam

No comments: